Shimano Rods - Casting Weight Europa - Japan

Posts Recomendados

• Miembros

Hello !

Someone have an explanation between the difference between Europe model and Japan model about Casting Weight of shimano rods ?

Prosurf 425BX with 100-250g in Europe

Prosurf 425BX with 27-35 in Japan

( http://fishing.shimano.co.jp/cat/detail.asp?k=8003 --> japan prosurf)

same rods or not ? same blank ? Casting weight in europa false ?

Thanks.

Enlace al comentario
Compartir en otros sitios

Hi Aurata

I agree that casting weight is completely wrong in European rods but nobody dares casting with 250g even if the rod states so.

As for the Japanese specifications, please multiply the number by 4 in order to get an idea of the weights (in gr) supported by the rod.

My opinion on the subject is that if you have the budget, you want to cope with customs issues and you assume that local dealers will not commit with the guarantee, the Japanese market is worth a try (despite the current exchange rate).

I am not 100% sure that the rods are identical. Most of the stuff I bought in Spain has been manufactured in Malaysia or who knows where. I guess that top quality Japanese rod are manufactured in Japan and for sure quality controls are much stricter than those of Malaysia.

Please mind that I am not as experienced as Machado concerning fishing tackle but I am sure that many readers will be able to confirm this fact.

Cheers

Enlace al comentario

Hi Aurata

I agree that casting weight is completely wrong in European rods but nobody dares casting with 250g even if the rod states so.

As for the Japanese specifications, please multiply the number by 4 in order to get an idea of the weights (in gr) supported by the rod.

My opinion on the subject is that if you have the budget, you want to cope with customs issues and you assume that local dealers will not commit with the guarantee, the Japanese market is worth a try (despite the current exchange rate).

I am not 100% sure that the rods are identical. Most of the stuff I bought in Spain has been manufactured in Malaysia or who knows where. I guess that top quality Japanese rod are manufactured in Japan and for sure quality controls are much stricter than those of Malaysia.

Please mind that I am not as experienced as Machado concerning fishing tackle but I am sure that many readers will be able to confirm this fact.

Cheers

In Malasya, even in Thailand and all over in Asia. Shimano as I know have the export or cheap reels factory in Thailand per exemple. Most of the non domestic japanase tackle are made out of Japan only for overseas exportation. Of course the export items are not build whit the same quality as the domestic items. Even if they export to USA ( the real big customer) the quallity is no the same ( even the cost) as the same item made for domestic use. Take a loock to Japantackle.com site and you will confirm by your self what we are talking about.

Editado por Miguel Pi
Enlace al comentario

Únete a la conversación

Puede publicar ahora y registrarse más tarde. Si tiene una cuenta, inicie sesión ahora para publicar con su cuenta.

Invitado
Responder en este tema...

×   Has pegado contenido con formato.   Quitar formato

Solo están permitidos 75 emoticonos.

×   Tu enlace ha sido convertido automáticamente.   Haz clic aquí si quieres mostrarlo como un enlace

×   Tu contenido previo ha sido restaurado.   Limpiar editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Crear nuevo...